Get the Skills to Become a Healthcare Sciences Professional
Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Sciences Program in Bangor, ME
The 34-month* Bachelor of Science degree in Health Sciences (BSHS) is a foundational degree for those students desiring to enter the healthcare industry in the areas of healthcare management and healthcare advocacy. This program is comprised of lab science courses and health science courses that provide the student with a rigorous scientific background applicable to the health profession. The program prepares students for service in a variety of healthcare organizations including hospitals, clinics, and public health institutions. Students complete the program in order to gain promotions, develop management and leadership skills, or prepare for graduate-level studies.
Next Start Date: Mar 2ndHealthcare Sciences Beal College - Beal College
The best way to see if Beal College is the right fit for you is to contact an admissions representative. Get more information on the Healthcare Science Bachelor’s Degree program, class schedules, and financial aid options so that you can make an informed decision about your future. Get more info or Book a Tour.
Your Future in Healthcare Sciences
Students complete the program in order to gain promotions, develop management and leadership skills, or prepare for graduate-level studies. In addition to attendance in all courses, students will be required to complete out-of-class assignments. These assignments include but are not limited to reading, exercises and problem solving, projects, research, papers, and presentations.
During the Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Science, you’ll take courses such as:
- Holistic Approaches to Healthcare
- Healthcare Statistics and Research Methods
- Public Policy and Advocacy
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Pathophysiology and Assessment in Healthcare
- and more!
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Identify and evaluate key personal and organizational ethics affecting healthcare professionals.
- Utilize technology in statistical analysis and data management.
- Examine cultural and diversity issues within interpersonal health care.
- Demonstrate mastery of discipline-specific competencies in the field of health sciences
Upon successful completion of the program, students could enhance an existing healthcare science career, seek, or obtain entry-level employment in a health administration related field. Your Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Sciences degree can be used as an entry point into multiple careers including:
- Health Services Administrator
- Health Services Supervisor/Manager
- Health Education Specialist
- Community Education Specialist
- Community Public Health Coordinator
- Healthcare Customer Success Administrator
- Patient Advocacy Liaison
- and more!
Is a Rewarding Career in Healthcare Science Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about Healthcare Science and exploring if this is the right career path for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call 207-307-3900
*Program length when completed in normal time.