Canadian Students at Beal College
You are considered a Canadian student at Beal College if you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada. While our Canadian students are classified as ‘International Students’, they do not need a visa to enter the U.S. but a passport is required. A student should present the passport, Form I-20 A-B (PDF), and financial documentation at the Canadian/U.S. border.
How to Apply for the Nursing Program
- You must meet with an admissions representative either in person or over the phone. Contact us today to schedule your interview.
- Pass the school’s English proficiency exam.
- Submit your $30 application fee (pay online here).
- Submit copies of transcripts to:
Office of the Registrar
99 Farm Rd.
Bangor, ME 04401
- Complete Beal’s Application for Admission (click here).
- Provide proof on citizenship (e.g., passport or signed photograph)
- Include a photocopy of your current visa documents if you hold non-immigrant status.
- Pass the Kaplan Nursing Exam and must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- English translations of documents must bear the seal/stamp of the issuing institution.
- Have all official transcripts translated into English by an accredited transcript evaluation agency. Make sure we also receive original official transcripts in your native language.
- Provide descriptions of the courses on your transcript so we can appropriately transfer credit.
- Bank supporting documentation must show the dollar amount equivalent to the financial requirements for undergraduate international students.
- English proficiency tests cannot be more than one year old.
- Checks drawn on foreign banks should carry the notation “Payable in U.S. funds, plus service charges.”
Student Financial Services (Loan Assistance Program)
The Government of New Brunswick and the Government of Canada work together to provide student financial assistance. Loans, grants and bursaries are available to help you access and pay for post-secondary education. With one application, you will be considered for student financial assistance from both the Government of New Brunswick and the Government of Canada.
National Student Loan Service Centre
New Brunswick Student Financial Services
You are encouraged to apply at least three months prior to the start of classes.